The NITI Aayog has approved 6 transport proposals of the Transport ministry exploring options to improve public transport.
• It includes high-tech mass rapid transportation technologies such as Metrino, Hyperloop, Pod taxis, hybrid buses Stadler buses, and freight rail road.
• The new technologies are being explored by the Government as current public transportation is unable to resolve the increasing traffic crisis in the country.
• The ministry of road transport and highways had sought the approval of NITI Aayog to experiment and introduce six latest mass rapid transportation technologies.
Points to remember:-
• NITI Aayog, was formed via a resolution of the Union Cabinet on January 1, 2015.
• Chairperson:-Shri Narendra Modi, Hon'ble Prime Minister
• Vice Chairperson:-Dr. Arvind Panagariya
• Chief Executive Officer: - Shri Amitabh Kant